Written by Sondre Norstad Moen from SK Vidar, 19th place during the Olympics Rio 2016, Marathon. 2:10:07 Norwegian Record. On December 3, 2017, he won the Fukuoka Marathon in Japan, and at the same time set a European record in the distance with a time of 2.05.48.
Whether you are going to start running or want to set a new record, you will never get enough running tips! Our ambassador Sondre Norstad Moen , has good tips for you who are either in the starting phase in terms of running or you who want to beat the time from last year.
Sign up for the Oslo Marathon here!
- Sign up for a race and you have something to train against. 10km is a nice distance it can be good to start with until the training basis is better!
- Make sure you have good sneakers. Seek out a specialty store where they can provide advice on which shoes you should choose based on your foot and your area of use. This is a good investment in a start-up phase.
- Runs more frequently, but shorter runs in the beginning. Then you get easier continuity, and avoid interruptions as a result of the run being a few kilometers too long.
- Seek out a training environment that can motivate you. It can be training with friends, colleagues, running groups or joining a club.
- Be realistic. Focus on the joy of training rather than the performance in the beginning. This is something you should enjoy in the future as well!
- Stop by your competitive speed regularly, both longer and medium-length hauls that cost a little less. Then you get to practice running relaxed and financially.
- Adequate warm-up before the race is important. After jogging hot, run two minutes with gradually increasing intensity, but not over competitive speed. Finish with 3-4 ascent runs over 80-100m. You will definitely get a different perception of the opening speed than if you just jog lightly before starting.
- Rest is also exercise. If you want to train more, you must rest accordingly.
- Have ice in your stomach for the first few minutes of the race. Rather five seconds too slow the first kilometer than ten seconds too fast. If you run stiff early, you have to pay with interest at the end.
- Write an exercise diary to have an overview of the amount of exercise and exercise load.
Lots of luck!